oogle Earth combines satellite imagery, maps and the power of Google Search to put the world’s geographic information at your fingertips. Fly from space to your neighborhood. Type in an address and zoom right in. Search for schools, parks, restaurants, and hotels. Get driving directions. Tilt and rotate the view to see 3D terrain and buildings. Save and share your searches and favorites. Even add your own annotations.
Google Earth lets you do smooth sailing flybyes of the entire Earth. You can easily fly to any spot on the globe, by entering any associated data, like street addresses, place names or lat/long coordinates. There are overlays that put additional information on the map, like roads, international boundaries, terrain, 3D buildings, crime statistics, schools, stadiums, any number of interesting stuff. You can do Local searches in the program, with icons on the map and a display on the side showing your results.
You can leave notes, called “placemarks” all over the map, so you can remember where all sorts of places are. Searches and placemarks can be saved as bookmarks in “My Places”. Everything can be output in an XML format called KML, that will allow the vast popularity of Google Maps to continue in Earth. You can also email a JPEG of the map, or send a KMZ file if you know the recipient has Earth installed.
– Sophisticated streaming technology delivers the data to you as you need it.
– Imagery and 3D data depict the entire earth – Terabytes of aerial and satellite imagery depict cities around the world in high-resolution detail.
– Local search lets you search for restaurants, hotels, and even driving directions. Results show in your 3D earth view. Easy to layer multiple searches, save results to folders, and share with others.
– Layers show parks, schools, hospitals, airports, retail, and more.
– Overlays – import site plans, design sketches and even scanned blueprints.
– Annotate the view with lines and polygons.
– Spreadsheet import – ingest up to 2,500 locations by address or lat/lon.
– KML – data exchange format let your share useful annotations.
Use it for:
– Planning a trip
– Getting driving directions
– Finding a house or apartment
– Finding a local business
– Exploring the world
Google Earth, an application that provides a virtual tour of most of the cities and locations on the planet, is now at version 126.96.36.1991.
Google has just released a major update for their Google Earth application, introducing a lot of new features and fixes.
Highlights of Google Earth 188.8.131.521:
• The imagery is no longer blurry upon zooming in, when the cache is full;
• The font and tilt settings are now kept between sessions;
• UI improvements have been implemented into the Flight Simulator;
• The time slider in Sun and Historical Imagery is now displaying the correct Daylight Savings time;
• Various performance and stability improvements have been implemented.